HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for transport assistance parent/carer of the student must complete an application for transport assistance. SBS may require and/or additional information before Transport Assistance is approved.
Log into www.schoolbuses.wa.gov.au
The application process may take up to 10 working days to complete.
Parents should be aware delays in processing may occur:
- During peak periods such as the commencement of the school year.
- If your child uses a wheelchair or requires special equipment to travel on a bus service, as an Occupational
Therapist is required to prescribe an appropriate restraint.
- In rural areas if a shire is required to approve a road for use or create a bus stop/turnaround point.
For the security of personal information it is not possible to save a partially completed application form, it must be completed in one session.
Prior to starting the application process we recommend having the following information available:
- Your details including date of birth, telephone, fax number and email address.
- Your child’s details including date of birth and year of study.
- The name of the school your child will be attending.
- Details regarding any medical conditions, allergies, or disabilities that affect your child.
- If applicable, details of your child’s wheelchair, including make, model and the combined weight of the chair and the child.
- The number of days your child will be travelling to school.
- The shortest practical distance in kilometres, from your home address to your child’s school.
- The shortest practical distance in kilometres, from your home address to your child’s closest existing bus stop (applicable to mainstream students only).
Applicable to ALL Education Support and Mainstream students with a medical condition.
The name, address and contact details of at least two people that are able to care for your child on the rare occasions that you may not be at home when the bus drops off your child. Where possible these emergency contacts should be in close proximity to the address where your child is dropped off and with someone that is likely to be at home in the afternoon.
Bevan & Theresa Fancote – Nalya Bus. Phone: 0418 914 705
Ruth Turner – Central, West and East. Phone: 9642 1165